Part of our company’s culture lies in how well we treat our guests and each other. The Pillars of our Strength are the service tenets that are designed to guide us and define what we do to deliver excellent service to our guests and each other as associates. The Service Advisory Councils (SAC) at each of our hotels convene monthly to measure our service delivery and ensure consistency in our behavior with our customers. These SAC meetings give our associates the opportunity to discuss and share observations on our service delivery. Topics discussed at our SAC meetings can affect the decision making process of the company. One person’s idea can make a difference.
Pillars of our Strength:
- Smile: Greet our guests and fellow associates with a genuine smile, make eye contact and use their name.
- Appearance: Present ourselves with pride and conduct ourselves in a professional manner.
- Courtesy: Choose a positive attitude — always say “please” and “thank you” to our guests and fellow associates.
- Phone Impression: Answer within three rings, smile and clearly give your name & department.
- Job Knowledge: Ask questions, anticipate guest needs, learn all of our hotel services and commit to ongoing training.
- Communication: Listen with the intent to understand guests’ and fellow associate’s specific situation and needs.
- Problem Solving: Apologize for the situation, take ownership of the solution, and follow up.
- Pride in Property: Treat the hotel as if it were your own home, pay close attention to details and report any deficiencies.
- Teamwork: Recognize and encourage fellow associates to provide outstanding service.
- Golden Rule: Respect and treat our guests and fellow associates, as we would like to be treated.