The legend goes that this top secret research laboratory was once secreted away somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle. This lab was home to Professor Wonder and his spectacular experiments. But one experiment in particular unleased a powerful tornado and vortex, which ripped up the lab and its foundation, and teleported it far away eventually landing upside-down on International Drive. Miraculously, all of the experiments inside survived. At least tell your kids that story. For us adults, WonderWorks offers a fun time and sweet refuge indoors with cool air conditioning from the hot summer outside. Make the most of your visit to this classic attraction and keep the “legend” alive with your kids by checking out our guide to the WonderWorks laboratory.
Upon entering the building, you’ll notice everything is upside down. But don’t worry! Once you walk through the inversion tunnel, everything will orient upright and we can start exploring these WonderZones:
Marvel at the power of the Earth in this WonderZone. Attractions like Earthquake Café and Hurricane Shack let you experience a 5.3 magnitude quake and hurricane force winds, while the Tesla Coil lets you safely experience the shock of 100,000 volts of electricity on your fingertips.
Must-See Attraction: Trivia Wall
- After you’ve experienced the attractions, test your knowledge on natural disasters and manmade events. Will you be the next high scorer?
Challenge your physical abilities with a variety of exhibits that put science in context. Create giant bubbles, lift yourself up using a pulley system, and see how your athletic skills compare to that of a professional athlete.
Must-See Attraction: Bed of Nails
- Witness science in action as you lie on a bed of 3,500 nails without a single scratch. Make sure to ask someone to snap a photo of you performing this marvelous feat, a sure-fire stunt that’ll impress your friends.
Light & Sound
This WonderZone lets you harness the power of light and sound to create art. Dance on a giant piano as you play your favorite songs, watch as your shadow multiples right in front of your eyes, and more.
Must-See Attraction: Speed of Light
- Light moves fast – at 299,792,458 meters per second, to be exact. Test your reflexes and try to keep up as you scramble to press the buttons on the matrix as they light up.
Be an astronaut for the day! Climb aboard a replica of a mercury capsule and help the Space Shuttle Discovery land safely at the Kennedy Space Center. You can also create and ride your own spaceship-inspired roller coaster.
Must-See Attraction: Space Suit
- Step into a life-size replica of an astronaut’s EVA suit. In outer space, these suits provide temperature regulation, a supply of oxygen and elimination of carbon dioxide, and other survival essentials. At WonderWorks, it provides a great photo op.
The hands-on exhibits in the Imagination Lab will spark your curiosity and unleash your inner artist. Create beautiful scenes on a gigantic version of the classic game Lite Brite, explore the mechanics of gears, and much more.
Must-See Attraction: Forensic Science Exhibit
- Any budding scientists and future forensic experts out there will love this hands-on exhibit. See if you have what it takes to work in this popular field as you learn about fingerprint identification, facial recognition, and 3D facial imaging.
Far Out Art Gallery
As you make your way up to the basement, you’ll pass the Far Out Art Gallery, home to some of the most entertaining art experiments started in the laboratory. Optical illusions and visual riddles reign supreme here.
Must-See Attraction: Everything!
- Keep your eyes open and alert as you wander through this topsy-turvy art gallery. Hidden objects lurk in most all of the paintings, so pay close attention to each one. How many hidden objects will you find?
Even More WonderWorks Fun
Once you’ve explored the WonderZones, there’s still more to see in the basement. Even better, all of these additional attractions are included in your General Admission All Access ticket as well as the After Dark ticket, so there are no additional fees. Like the other attractions, these interactive experiences are ideal for families. Here’s what to expect:
- A glow-in-the-dark indoor ropes course, where you navigate over suspension bridges, swinging beams, and more
- Family-friendly laser tag course that put your strategies and teamwork skills to the test
- An exhilarating adventure in the 4D XD Motion Theater that simulates thrill rides, putting you right in the middle of the action
The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show
After your adventures, you’re bound to get hungry. Fortunately, WonderWorks has you covered with unlimited pizza, salad, drinks, and dessert, plus a show. Check out Orlando’s longest running dinner show: The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show. Watch in awe as items disappear into thin air, then reappear when you least expect it, marvel at mind reading tricks, and much more.
The show takes place every night at 6:00 p.m. with additional shows added during the summer. Purchase individual tickets to the show, or upgrade to the VIP Combo Ticket that includes all of the WonderWorks attractions plus the dinner show. WonderWorks website has more details on the nightly performances.
Your Orlando Hotel on International Drive
If you are planning to visit WonderWorks on your vacations, save money on car rentals and cab fares by picking a hotel on International Drive. Walk to WonderWorks in two minutes from Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, as well as all of the shops, restaurants, and entertainment at Pointe Orlando. Plus, our free scheduled shuttles to the Orlando theme parks provide an easy, car-free way to explore the area’s most famous attractions. Book your family vacation at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando today by calling 407-996-8585 or clicking that orange button in the upper right corner.