A three-day event engulfed in the world of George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, Con of Thrones returns from July 17 – 19 at the Orange County Convention Center. Below are all the details you need to prepare.
Compete for Cosplay Glory
Whether you’re a rugged wildling or a polished Westerosi royal, the Con of Thrones cosplay contest is the place to share your eye for design. Join the contest stage with other dedicated cosplayers on Saturday, July 18, to compete in placement categories including:
- Best in Armor Work — Mold armor from materials like acrylic and cardboard to replicate the impenetrable metalwork seen in Game of Thrones.
- Best in Needlework — Check your stitches, seams, and sequins, because this category judges contestants on clean, smooth, and intricate detailing.
- Best Interpretation — Put your own spin on Game of Thrones characters, draw inspiration from different territories, and be ready to explain your vision.
- Best Screen Accuracy — Make your costume as identical to the on-screen interpretation as possible, sparing as little details as possible.
Finalists in the cosplay contest will compete in a second round of judging to win “Best in Show” and “People’s Choice” awards.
Meet Your Favorite Cast Members
They’ve fought for the North, defended King’s Landing, and protected the rightful heirs to the Iron Throne. Guests scheduled to appear at the 2020 Con of Thrones include:
- Iain Glen — “Jorah Mormont”
- Anton Lesser — “Qyburn”
- Miltos Yerolemou — “Syrio Forel”
- Sam Coleman — “Young Hodor”
As the convention draws nearer, expect more artists and actors from the A Song of Ice and Fire universe to be scheduled for appearances.
Experience the Seven Kingdoms
Stewards, scholars, and journeyman all have a place at the convention. Below are a few interactive experiences you’ll only find at Con of Thrones.
- Water Dancing Workshops — Stay light on your feet and learn the art of Water Dancing at a workshop led by Miltos “Syrio Forel” Yerolemou.
- Q&A Sessions — Hear from your favorite castmates and ask your burning Game of Thrones questions at a Q&A session.
- Wildefell Wolves Photo Ops — Snap a picture with one of the Wildefell wolves or pose with “Pan” the crow.
Come Prepared to Con of Thrones
Whether you’re in Orlando with a one-day Con of Thrones pass or are planning to stay for the weekend, you can room close and comfortably at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. Our hotel amenities include three swimming pools, a video arcade room, and plenty of on-site dining options.
New features help create a safe environment such as clear protective borders between you and front desk staff, cleaning common areas and touch points more frequently, floor markers to help everyone maintain proper social distancing in common areas, use of hospital-grade disinfectants in rooms, as well as more hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the hotel.
Call us today at 407-996-8585 or reserve your room online by clicking the orange button at the top of the page.