The NFL Pro Bowl is an annual matchup of the best players from the NFC against a team of the toughest competitors from the AFC. This weeklong celebration is a unifying way to wrap up the NFL season while allowing star players to shine. Since moving to Orlando three years ago, the Pro Bowl has blown up to bigger proportions than ever—and here’s what you can expect for the upcoming showdown, starting January 22.
100 Years of NFL
This year’s Pro Bowl will celebrate more than an excellent football season—it’ll celebrate the 100th anniversary of the entire NFL. Over the past century the NFL has grown from five to 32 teams and is now an integral pastime for many Americans. Team loyalty has become a way of life for dedicated sports fans who come to the games sporting clothes, hats, bumper stickers, and even tattoos representing their teams.
Week of Pre-Game Fun
Players in the Pro Bowl are voted into the game by their coaches and teammates—as well as their fans. To get a glimpse of your favorite players before the big event, attend a team practice anytime from January 22-25 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Admission is free, and all seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. For those unable to find a seat, there will be a standing area available.
If your interests in football go beyond fandom, you can test your skills with a lineup of events throughout the week, including:
- 40-yard dash – Race against opponents and virtual NFL players in this athletic event.
- Kick-tac-toe – Kick three footballs in a row on a giant tic-tac-toe board.
- Vertical jump – See if you can reach the flag and jump high like the pros.
- Obstacle course – Navigate obstacles like a real NFL player.
- Precision passing – Take on this timed skills test where you make as many passes as possible.
- Best hands – See how many passes you can catch in a row.
- Wilson – Customize your own Wilson football.
Planning for the 2020 Pro Bowl
It might be a little too early to call the game, but it’s never too early to plan your Pro Bowl vacation. To score clean, comfortable beds and first-class amenities at an unbeatable rate, reserve your week of play at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. You can start booking your Pro Bowl weekend by clicking the orange button at the top of the page or calling 407-996-8585.