While Orlando hosts world-famous theme parks and attractions, it lacks one popular Florida tourist destination: a beach. Fortunately, Orlando’s Central Florida location and accessible roadways provide visitors with quick access to some of the Sunshine State’s most famous beaches.
Atlantic Coast Beaches
Because Orlando rests just east of the state’s center, the closest beaches to The City Beautiful are on the Atlantic coast. Luckily, they are some of the most popular beaches in the world.
- Daytona Beach – Known for being the premiere Spring Break destination of the 1990s as well as the home of NASCAR racing at Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach offers traditional beach vibes complete with on-beach parking, boardwalk attractions, a legendary pier, a water park, and free summer concerts at the Daytona Beach Bandshell.
- Cocoa Beach – A straight-shot east of Orlando via State Road 528 (Beachline Expressway), Cocoa Beach has become the go-to beach for many Central Floridians. Here you’ll find the world-famous Ron Jon’s Surf Shop, water sports, deep-sea fishing, shops and restaurants, museums, nightlife, a lively pier area, large picnic pavilions, and great views of space shuttle launches from nearby Cape Canaveral.
- New Smyrna Beach– About an hour east of Orlando rest the smooth white sands of New Smyrna Beach. This naturally quiet community offers nearby access to Canaveral National Seashore and peaceful swimming, sunbathing, or biking along wide stretches of beach.
Gulf Coast Beaches
Many Floridians argue that the west coast is the best coast. Experience it for yourself at these popular Gulf of Mexico beaches that are within a short two-hour drive from Central Florida.
- Clearwater Beach – On the other side of Tampa lays the powdery-white sands and clear blue waters of Clearwater Beach. Consistently ranked as one of the top beaches in the country, Clearwater is famous for its family-friendly beaches and attractions such as the Clearwater Marine Aquarium — home of Winter the dolphin from the film “Dolphin Tale.”
- Siesta Beach– Located near Sarasota on Siesta Key Island, Siesta Beach offers luxuriously wide beaches of cool, soft sand comprised of 99 percent pure quartz. Voted as “The Best Beach in America” on four separate occasions, Siesta Beach is surrounded by a local village of quaint restaurants and shops.
On your next Orlando vacation, include a day at the beach. And after your fun in the sun, relax in our comfortable and luxurious rooms here at the Rosen Inn. Our convenient location and affordable rates make us the perfect place to stay while you experience all the beauty that Florida has to offer. Call us today at 407-996-8585 to book your stay.